- Compact backfilled trenches with powerful force and labor-saving efficiency
- Reduces the need for conventional compaction equipment
- Promotes on-the-job safety by eliminating the need for a person working in the trench
- Compact design allows for operation in small areas
- No auxiliary hydraulics required
The packer wheel features an 11-inch-wide wheel, designed for maximum performance when compacting backfilled trenches and smaller areas such as around fire hydrants.
Double-Spike Sheep Foot Design
The wheel’s sheep foot design easily penetrates through the lift of the backfill, compacting fill from the bottom up. It eliminates bridging and voids for better compaction action.
The lift depth can be adjusted to match moisture content, texture and other soil conditions for maximum operating performance.
- Compact backfilled trenches
How It Works
The weight of the wheel and down pressure from the carrier provides the compacting force.
While in the trench, the open rim sheep foot design of the wheel penetrates through the lift of backfill to compact the fill from the bottom up rather than from the top down. This eliminates bridging and voids for better compaction. The depth of the lift can be varied to match moisture content, texture and other soil conditions.
Sheepfoot (hollow tube)
18 (9 per wheel)