- Attack your most difficult brush and sapling clearing projects
- Easily shred vegetation on virtually any terrain, including hillsides, roadways, trails, riverbanks and utility right-of-way
- Rotor brake stops the attachment in 7 seconds or less after hydraulics are deactivated
- Heavy-duty flanges protect the drive train from dust and debris
Drive Train Protection
The flail mower features heavy-duty flanges on both sides of the rotor to protect the drive train from dust and debris. This also prevents wire from damaging the drive train mechanism.
The flail mower provides for bi-directional flail knife rotation by switching the hydraulic hoses at the drive motor, increasing overall flail life.
Triple Knife Flails
The triple knife flails can mulch small trees, thick grass and other vegetation up to 4 inches in diameter.
The direct drive motor delivers an optimum balance between torque and rpm.
Meets SAE Standards
The flail mower complies with SAEJ1001 standards.
Bob X-Change™ Attachment Mounting System
The mounting system allows you to change attachments quickly with Bobcat's exclusive system. Attachment changes should be easy. Watch the Bobcat X-Change™ Advantages video to see the industry’s fastest, most efficient attachment X-Change system in action.
- Clear brush and saplings in ditches, right-of-way, hillsides, roadways and other areas
- Control overgrowth on trails, culvert areas, ditches, and cattails on lake shores
- Prepare land and other properties on new construction sites
How It Works
Rotating flail knives cut through material while the operator controls the cutting height by adjusting the arm of the excavator. Free-swinging knives rotate around the axis, catching the cut material in a cylindrical hood. The operator can reverse the direction of the knives by switching the hydraulic hoses at the drive motor.
Flail Mower - 40"
Flail Mower - 30"
Flail Mower - 40", R
14-22.4 GPM (53-85 lpm)
12.2-19.5 GPM (46-74 lpm)
18.4-31.7 GPM (70-120 lpm)
Operating Weight with X-Change Mount
Number of Knives
Maximum Cutting Capacity
Operating Weight with Pin-on Mount
Using powerful triple knife flails, you can mulch small branches, saplings, thick grass and other vegetation up to 4 in. in diameter.
Side safety chains help contain debris within the housing that could be thrown during operation. The rotor brake stops the attachment in 7 seconds or less after hydraulics are deactivated.
A rubber torsion disc absorbs impact loads that are encountered during operation. To protect the drive train, the flail mower features heavy-duty flanges on both sides of the rotor to protect the drive train from dust and debris. This also prevents wire from damaging the drive train mechanism.